Welcome to our boutique Studio
We would like to thank you for joining us at Body Zen and for taking a moment to acquaint yourself with our studio policies. As we pride ourselves on offering exceptional service, please feel free to contact us if you have any special requests, as we will gladly, if possible try to accommodate you. I hope you enjoy our friendly and relaxed atmosphere and in no time see the benefits and difference that Pilates can make in your life.
What you need to know…
We supply the following:
filtered water and glasses
Our beautiful studio is fully equipped with reformers, cadillacs, wall-units, chairs and barrels and completed with mirrors and air conditioners.
Studio Hours of Operation
Body Zen is a private studio and operates around client bookings. The studio is available for appointments 6am – 8pm, from Monday through to Saturday (dependant on teachers’ schedule availability) . For appointment scheduling or booking maintence the online system is available to clients 24/7 (unlike the teachers).
Should you wish to view the studio or discuss classes, kindly confirm an appointment time before arriving to avoid disappointment
Classes at the studio run throughout the year and school holidays. The studio is generally only closed on public holidays and for approximately 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year.
Studio Ettiquette and Dress Code
- Please ensure your cell phone is on silent while in the studio. Should you need to monitor your calls, kindly inform your teacher and keep your phone on vibrate.
- Pigeon hole shelving is available at the entrance for all bags and shoes
- Please no chewing gum or sweets while training, it is dangerous as you can choke
- Please leave all your jewelry at home.
- Comfortable fitting clothing that allows for ease of movement. The teacher needs to see your form.
- Please refrain from wearing baggy/loose clothing as it can get caught in the equipment.
- Long hair can be fastened at the nape of the neck or at the crown of the head in order to not affect the head/neck placement (no sharp clips please)
- Please do not wear gym clothing with zippers etc as they damaged our equipment leather.
Please note that all our classes/packages have a 30 day expiration. Classes/packages activate from date of first visit. Please retain your receipts for your record.
- Class packages (courses) can be purchased via our online booking system;
- All purchases will be billed to your online account;
- All payments are required upfront/in advance or on the first day of each month, prior to commencement of training;
- Payments Options: Cash, EFT (Full name as reference), Debit Order;
- Contract billing is automated monthly on the 1st of each month for a duration of 6 months;
- Contract is only available as a DEBIT ORDER facility for a fixed, non-negotiable duration of 6 (six) months;
- No classes will be conducted without payment;
- Unused Classes and/or credits will NOT be refunded or transferred or carried over to the following month;
- Prices are subject to an annual increase.
Contract Terms – 6 months
- This monthly discounted fee is calculated on a 6 month fee basis and takes into account public holidays and our 2/3 week annual closure over December/January.
- The rates are calculated on 4 weeks/month, allowing you to train for free in the months containing 5 weeks.
- This contract operates like your standard gym contract. Whether or/not you book/train you are still required to pay the full months fee.
- Classes may not be carried over or deducted from payment. These classes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Cancellation policy terms applies.
- Your monthly fee is required regardless of your attendance, holidays, illness etc. as we hold your time slot.
- Failure to comply to the contract terms will result in an immediate termination of the contract, along with penalty charges.
Returns, Exchanges or Refund Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not entirely satisfied, please contact us. In general you can return an unwanted product to us provided:
- It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers are still attached;
- The return is done within 14 days of purchase by you;
- We reserve the right to refuse a return, if the product is returned damaged, used or not in a re-saleable condition and there will be no refund;
- We will happily credit your account within 10 working days from the receipt and inspection of the returned product.
There are NO returns or refunds on any workout / training programs purchased.
Our workout services are intended to be fully implemented. Should you implement these services from Body Zen correctly you should see results, however Body Zen will not be held liable for factors influencing results or progress such as, but not limited to injuries, illness, poor diet, last minute work or private commitments, lack of consistency etc.
- All sales in regards to private training and/or group classes are final, with no exceptions;
- All ‘complementary / free” classes are not returnable for exchange or refund. Complimentary classes may NOT be transferred to another client
- Unused classes and / or credits will not be refunded or transferred to another client.
- Classes not redeemed before the specified expiration date will expire and be forfeited. These classes will NOT be refunded, carried over or transferred.
For the livelihood of our teachers we have a strict policy when it comes to cancellation of attendance for all group and private classes.
Please remember we sell ‘time’, so any late cancelled classes prohibit the teacher from re-selling that timeslot – adhering to this policy ensures that classes keep running smoothly for all.
Should you not adhere to the cancellation time frame, you will forfeit the class and be billed for your late cancellation/absence:
The following cancellation time frames are required:
- Private classes: 24 hours notice
- Group Classes: 12 hours notice
- ALL classes cancelled in advance may be rescheduled within the same month of purchase
- All missed appointments or late cancelled appointments/bookings will be charged, unfortunately no exceptions can be made.
Group Class Cancellation Details
- This applies to ALL our Pilates equipment, suspension training and matwork GROUP classes
- 12 hours prior to your scheduled booking
- Cancellations MUST be done via our online booking system
- All late cancelled group classes will be forfeited
- Early cancelled classes must be rescheduled WITHIN the package expiration date (30 days from date of first class). Rescheduling of all classes is dependent on availability;
- Classes not used or scheduled within the package 30 day expiration date will expire and be forfeited
Private Class Cancellation Details
- This applies to ALL our Private one-on-one and Semi-private duets and trio classes
- 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment
- Cancellations MUST be done via our online booking system
- Late cancellation make-up policy:
- Late cancelled classes may be made-up in any of our group equipment, matwork or suspension training classes, within the same month of purchase, free of charge
- All bookings and rescheduling of classes is the responsibility of the client and must be done within the same month of purchase;
- Rescheduling of all classes is dependent on availability;
- Classes may only be rescheduled ONCE;
- Classes not used or scheduled within the same month of purchase will expire and be forfeited
Duet and Trio classes need to be canceled or rescheduled in advance in order not to forfeit. Should one participant not be able to attend or late cancel the class, then the other participants are still required to attend.
In the case of your current teacher not be available due to illness, annual leave, continuing education or any personal commitments then it is the responsibility of the client to continue their training with another available teacher. Should your teacher fall ill at short notice than we shall make every attempt in finding a substitute/replacement teacher so that your training routine can continue smoothly. Clients will be notified well in advance in all possible cases.